Whatever your budget and your mode of transport (traditional or soft), all roads lead to Cluny in South Burgundy!
Travel by plane, train, bus, ferry and car
Do you know Rome2Rio ? This site (or application) searches for any town, village, monument, attraction or address across the globe using thousands of multi-modal itineraries to easily guide you from A to B.
Whether you are from the Rhône or Navarre, it is possible to come to Cluny by bike, by following the Saône via the towpaths and the greenway.
And yes, we're not joking: many visitors arrive by bike from the four corners of France, as we're lucky enough to be in the heart of the region. very well served by cycle paths ! Reach the historic centre of Cluny by the soft link connected to the Voie Verte. This cycle path will take you from the south via Mâcon or from the north via Chalon-sur-Sâone.
Labelled as a "Accueil vélo", we offer a number of services that will make your stay easier:
- luggage storage
- secure bicycle garage (only in season at our tourist information point on the Prado)
- battery charging for electrically assisted bicycles
- repair kit
- bicycle racks placed throughout the city
By bus with Mobigo
Take advantage of the MOBIGO network to get around Burgundy-Franche-Comté:
- The LR 701 (regular line) connects Mâcon to Chalon-sur-SâoneThere are several daily departures (TGV connections) via Cluny. Various stops are made such as Taizé, Cormatin, Saint-Gengoux-le-National or Buxy.
The journey from Mâcon to Cluny takes about 30 minutes. The buses of the 701 line are equipped with bicycle racks and tickets can be collected on board.
- The LR 709 (regular line) connects Cluny to Digoin via Paray-le-Monial and Charolles with two or three daily departures depending on the season.
- The TAD 751 (transport on demand) will allow you to travel between Cluny and Montceau-les-Mines. One return trip per day from Monday to Friday with different stops. Reservation on 03 80 11 29 29, at the latest the day before before 5pm.
By car (or motorbike)
- Since theA6 motorway (autoroute du soleil) which links Paris to Lyon, the quickest way is to take the exit n°29 - Mâcon SudThen follow the N79 towards Cluny. It is also possible to take the exit 27 - Tournus then follow the D215 towards Cluny, passing through the beautiful villages of Chapaize and Cormatin.
Dijon Cluny : 1h30 / 150km
Paris Cluny : 4h20 / 400km
Strasbourg Cluny : 4h30 / 420km
Lyon Cluny : 1h / 90km
Clermont-Ferrand Cluny : 2h15 / 225km
Montpellier Cluny : 3h40 / 386km
- Since theA40 motorway which allows easy access from GenevaFollow the A406 before joining the N79 towards Cluny.
Geneva Cluny : 1h50 / 172km
Bourg-en-Bresse Cluny : 0h50 / 60km
- The N79 linking Mill (following on from the A71 motorway) to Charnay-lès-Mâcon (near Mâcon, just off the A406 motorway) will give you quick access to Cluny.
Moulin Cluny : 1h40 / 160km
Mâcon-Loché TGV station: 0h20 / 24km
Have you thought about carpooling?
As part of our commitment to eco-responsibility, we are encouraging car-pooling in order to reduce our carbon footprint. The communauté de communes du Clunisois has joined the MOBIGO car-sharing platform.
If you're coming by train, you'll arrive at Mâcon Ville station, and if you're coming by TGV, you'll arrive at Mâcon-Loché TGV station. From either station, you can then take the MOBIGO n°701 bus to Cluny.
If you like freedom, there's nothing better than coming by motorhome to travel through Southern Burgundy
It's not the most environmentally friendly way of getting around, but sometimes we have no other option... Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport will give you access to our region from cities all over the world!
Take a train to Mâcon Ville or Mâcon-Loché TGV stations and then catch the MOBIGO n°701 bus to Cluny.