Whatever your budget and your mode of transport (traditional or soft), all roads lead to Cluny in South Burgundy!
Whether you are from the Rhône or Navarre, it is possible to come to Cluny by bike, by following the Saône via the towpaths and the greenway.
And yes, we're not kidding, many visitors arrive from all over France by bike as we are lucky enough to be very well served by cycle paths ! Reach the historic centre of Cluny by the soft link connected to the Voie Verte. This cycle path will allow you to arrive from the South via Mâcon or from the North via Chalon-sur-Sâone.
Labelled as a "Accueil vélo", we offer a number of services that will make your stay easier:
- luggage storage
- secure bicycle garage (only in season at our tourist reception point on the Prado)
- battery charging for electrically assisted bicycles
- repair kit
- bicycle racks placed throughout the city
Learn more about our cycling services
By bus with Mobigo
Take advantage of the MOBIGO network to get around Burgundy-Franche-Comté:
- The LR 701 (regular line) connects Mâcon to Chalon-sur-SâoneThere are several daily departures (TGV connections) via Cluny. Various stops are made such as Taizé, Cormatin, Saint-Gengoux-le-National or Buxy.
The journey from Mâcon to Cluny takes about 30 minutes. The buses of the 701 line are equipped with bicycle racks and tickets can be collected on board.
- The LR 709 (regular line) connects Cluny to Digoin via Paray-le-Monial and Charolles with two or three daily departures depending on the season.
- The TAD 751 (transport on demand) will allow you to travel between Cluny and Montceau-les-Mines. One return trip per day from Monday to Friday with different stops. Reservation on 03 80 11 29 29, at the latest the day before before 5pm.
By car (or motorbike)
- Since theA6 motorway (autoroute du soleil) which links Paris to Lyon, the quickest way is to take the exit n°29 - Mâcon SudThen follow the N79 towards Cluny. It is also possible to take the exit 27 - Tournus then follow the D215 towards Cluny, passing through the beautiful villages of Chapaize and Cormatin.
Dijon Cluny : 1h30 / 150km
Paris Cluny : 4h20 / 400km
Strasbourg Cluny : 4h30 / 420km
Lyon Cluny : 1h / 90km
Clermont-Ferrand Cluny : 2h15 / 225km
Montpellier Cluny : 3h40 / 386km
- Since theA40 motorway which allows easy access from GenevaFollow the A406 before joining the N79 towards Cluny.
Geneva Cluny : 1h50 / 172km
Bourg-en-Bresse Cluny : 0h50 / 60km
- The N79 linking Mill (in the continuity of the A71 motorway) to Charnay-lès-Mâcon (near Mâcon, in the continuity of the A406 motorway will allow you to quickly reach Cluny.
Moulin Cluny : 1h40 / 160km
Mâcon-Loché TGV station: 0h20 / 24km
Coming to Cluny via Google Maps from your home
Have you thought about carpooling?
As part of our eco-responsibility approach, we encourage carpooling to limit the carbon impact. The community of communes of the Clunisois has joined the MOBIGO carpooling platform.
If you wish to become a member of the "Clunisois" community and develop the carpooling offer, you just have to cCreate an account in order to gain access to the "communities".
If you come by train, you will arrive at Mâcon Ville station and if it is the TGV it will be Mâcon-Loché TGV station. From these two stations, you can then take the MOBIGO bus line n°701 to get to Cluny.
If you like freedom, there's nothing better than coming by motorhome to travel through Southern Burgundy
It's not the most environmentally friendly way to travel, but sometimes we have no other option... Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport will allow you to access our territory from many cities around the world!
Take a train to Mâcon Ville or Mâcon-Loché TGV stations and then take the MOBIGO bus n°701 which will take you to Cluny.