St. Anthony's Church
The church of Saint-Antoine in Chevagny-sur-Guye is a Romanesque building that could date back to the 12th century. It was altered in the 16th century.
The church of Saint-Antoine de Chevagny-sur-Guye, formerly dedicated to Saint-Sulpice, is a Romanesque church whose construction could date back to the 12th century.
Of the original building, only the Romanesque nave remains, albeit altered. Its layout was altered in the 16th century, giving it a distinctive profile: a bell tower-porch, a single rectangular nave followed by a short straight bay with a pointed arch, then a flat-bottomed Gothic choir flanked by side chapels to the east.
The walls of the nave have been left in exposed stone. The nave is covered by a wooden ceiling that partly cuts through the large triumphal arch with its pointed arches that opens into the choir. To the right of this arch, a stone side altar with tabernacle has been installed in front of the traces of a former semicircular opening. To the left of the arch, a similar opening leads to the north chapel.
In the 19th century, the church, which had been little maintained in previous centuries, was completely renovated. The modern windows in the nave were opened in 1854 and decorated with stained glass.