Land of Art and History between Cluny and Tournus
The Pays d'art et d'histoire Entre Cluny et Tournus was recognised by the French Ministry of Culture in September 2010, and its status will be renewed in 2020. It brings together several communities of communes and neighbouring communes: the Communauté de communes du Clunisois, the Communauté de communes Mâconnais-Tournugeois, the Communauté de communes Sud Côte Chalonnaise, the Communauté de communes Entre Saône et Grosne and the commune of Azé.
Today, the area covers 81 communes, with a population of almost 35,000.
The Pays d'Art et d'Histoire Entre Cluny et Tournus is responsible for :
- Raising residents' and professionals' awareness of their environment,
- Presenting all aspects of our heritage,
- Introducing young people to architecture, urban planning, landscape and heritage,
- Offer tourists high-quality tours led by tour guides,
- Contribute to economic development by promoting the local area and its activities.