The Clunisois is ideal for rambling, cycling or pony trekking thanks to a remarkably varied and rich landscape : mixed woodland and pasture-land, forests, vineyards…
There are many possibilities for rambling :
- Three long-distance footpaths converge on the town (GR 76, GR 76 C and GR 76 D) allowing Saint-Gengoux-le-National, Lournand, Tramayes, Suin, Château, the Col des 4 vents and Col de Montmain to be reached on foot.
- Signposted footpaths “balades vertes” (green walks), developed in all the villages, allow the discovery of lovely landscapes and local heritage.
- The Voie Verte, fully securized and suitable for walkers, cyclists or skaters, winds its way through Southern Burgundy
Link toward the page Voie Verte.
- A leg of the road to Santiago de Compostela starts in Cluny.
- Green trails have been set up for horse riders.
Organized hikingDownload the calendar of hikings 2013
A ramblers’ association has also been set up in Cluny :
"Les Randonneurs Clunisois"
Tél. 03 85 59 21 00
Rambles on Mondays at 1.45 pm and Thursdays at 1.30 pm.
Les Balades Vertes
Come to discover the circuits marked out of the clunisois
The Way of Saint James
Cluny a stage of the Way of Saint Jacques de Compostelle until at the Puy-en-Velay
Documents to Ramble in the Cluny Area
Some useful documents to ramble